Steven Colucci Art Collection
26 Oil Paintings by New York Artist Steven Colucci
Ended: 12/30/18 at 12:00 PM CST
Artwork and Oil Paintings of Steven Colucci
Timed Online Auction
Bidding Open Now, Lots Begin to Close Sunday December 30th at Noon
Preview Weekdays at the Auction Mill
1528 N. Saddle Creek Rd Omaha, NE 68104
26 Original Works of Art by New York Artist Steven Colucci
These paintings were part of a fully furnished condo purchase from our client in Phoenix, Arizona – Our Client Does Not Want to Keep these Paintings and Has Hired Us to Liquidate the Collection
SEE NOTE ABOUT THE ARTIST BELOW
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 60in x 60in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 32in x 54in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 14in x 60in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 40in x 40in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 30in x 48in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 47in x 27in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 29.5in x 54in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 16.5in x 30in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 20in x 27in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 34in x 45in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 15.5in x 48in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 35.5in x 11in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 52.5in x 27in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Wood Plank or Hollow Core Door 75in x 24in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 41.5in x 28.5in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 36in x 29in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 17in x 30in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 46.5in x 15.5in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 16in x 13.75in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting on Canvas, Framed, No Glass 24in x 34in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting Art on Plexiglass 40in x 14in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting or Art on Plexiblass 35in x 29.5in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil and Paper Painting Under Glass, Framed 39.5in x 27in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting Framed Under Glass 73in x 27.5in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting, Framed Under Glass 73in x 27in
- Steven Colucci Original Oil Painting and Paper, Framed Under Glass 25.5in x 17.25in
About the Artist:
Steven Colucci was born to an Italian family in the South Bronx, next to the now defunct Yankee Stadium. His father owned and operated the dry cleaning service used by New York Giants. Colucci remembers sharing dinners with legendary athletes like Tucker Frederickson, Rosey Grier, Jim Brown and Frank Gifford. At 12 years old, Colucci was diagnosed with sever dyslexia and forced to enroll at New York University Reading Institute, a small-private school in the East Village. During his years at NYU Reading Institute, Colucci was encouraged to express himself through painting; he became particularly in representing movements through paint and carefully studied the works of John Marin, Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning. Growing up in an Italian middle-class neighborhood and pursuing the arts was not easy feat, Colucci traveled to and from Manhattan with an extra outfit to avoid being bullied. He changed outfits at 161st street stop on the D train.
After finishing the program at NYU Reading Institute Colucci returned to William Taft high school in the Bronx, one of the most violent high schools in America during the 1960s. Colucci remained focused on painting and won a scholarship to the School of Visual Arts. After graduating with the B.A. in painting, Colucci moved to Paris to continue his studies in art and movement. It is in Paris that Colucci began to study pantomime and ballet under the tutelage of world-famous movement artist Etienne Decroux. Decroux worked with Colucci honing his talent, until he was discovered by Marcel Marceau in the late 70s. Marceau had few protégés, and Colucci quickly became one of them. For the next decade under Marceau’s instruction, Colucci developed his own artistic voice and style.
In the 1980s, Colucci moved back to New York where he developed a dance and mime program, which offered one-on-one workshops with the world-renowned dancers and musicians like Martin VanHamel, Kevin McKenzie, Dennis Koster, Gerald Busby and more. He brought his workshop to numerous colleges across the United States including Barr College, nationally recognized for its prestigious arts program. Ronal Wilford, President of Columbia Artists Management, recognized Colucci’s work as high art.
Between 1980s and 1990s Colucci was asked to collaborate with various dancers and artists including Alvin Ailey, Melba Moore, Royal Ballet of Flanders, Julio Iglesias ad Etienne Decroux to name a few.
By the late 1990s Colucci refocused on painting once again and retreated to his studio in the Dunes, Westhampton, L.I. His artwork has been exhibited at National Arts Club in Gramercy Park, the Grant Gallery and the Belenky Gallery in SoHo. Colucci’s work is part of the permanent collection of the Mark Hachem Gallery in New York and Paris. The artist is a recipient of the prestigious Sam Flax memorial Award and the Orestes S. Lapolla Memorial Award from The School Art League of New York City and has been featured as a guest artist at the Museum of Modern Art.
Steven Colucci’s paintings and Haut Couture exhibition at the Mark Hachem Gallery, Madison Avenue, New York marked Colucci’s debut as an haute couture designer. Colucci feels fashion is a rendezvous of all the art forms making it a natural step for his career.
1. All bidding is online. This auction will begin to close on Sunday Decembr 30th at 1pm. Lots will close approximately every 60 seconds. This auction uses a soft close, which provides an authentic auction atmosphere. Items will remain open for one minute after the latest bid.
2. A preview will be held every weekday at the Auction Mill from 9am to 4pm except on a holiday. Stop by to take a look at the artwork.
PAYMENT: You will be emailed a “square” invoince from the Auction Mill with a link included that you can use to pay using whatever credit card or debit card you choose. You can also pay in person when picking up your items. There is a 3% cash discount for cash buyers.
WE DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR CREDIT CARD YOU USED OR HAVE ON FILE WITH PROXIBID. Use the Square Invoice from our company to pay or pay at pickup.
3. Pickup of your winning purchases will be Wednesday, Thursday and Friday January 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 9am to 4:30pm.
4. All items are offered and sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” with all faults. We encourage you to come to the preview to see and inspect the items.
5. All descriptions are believed accurate but not warranted or guaranteed. Measurements are approximate. Keep in mind that these items are used and may have scratches, dents, dings, holes, funky odors, etc.
Any mention of an item’s condition is not an official grading of the item’s condition. When you are not certain of the condition or wear of an item, please bid accordingly.
6. NOTICE: The Auction Mill will not be able to hold any items for pick up beyond the stated times without an appointment, email or phone call prior to Friday January 4th. If we are to house the art past the stated date of January 4th, you will have to have already paid for the item and must pickup within 3 weeks.
7. By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them. You must be registered to place a bid on an item. By placing a bid, you agree to all the terms and conditions that apply to that auction.
8. The Auction Mill reserves the right to reject any bid and/or bidder at our sole discretion.
9. Per Department of Revenue, No Taxes Will be Charged on Online Only Timed Auctions
10. This auction has an 18% buyer’s premium. This means that a final bid of $100 plus the buyer’s premium constitutes the total purchase price of $118.00 – There is a 3% discount for cash purchases.
11. You will receive an invoice listing the items won within a few hours of the auction closing. Payment is due at time of pickup, or by paying online with the square invoice our firm will email you the following auction day. Credit cards, cash and approved checks are accepted. Cards accepted include MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover only. Buyer’s purchases will be paid with the credit card used to register for this auction if the bidder does not show up.
12. By bidding in this auction, you are agreeing to all of the terms posted for this auction. All bids are final. We cannot retract or remove a bid.
13. If you need shipping services you can contact our local UPS Store or our local Craters and Freighters or Parcel and Post and they will be happy to help you. See Contact Info in Shipping Area of Terms.
14. There are no shipping or packing services offered by The Auction Mill. However, we do work with a third party shipper who can crate and ship your items or you can direct one of your own to our warehouse for pickup to be crated.
15. There will be a $40 returned check fee for any declined check received.
16. Declined credit cards can result in a buyer being banned from participating in future auctions. The Auction Mill is members of the National and State Auctioneers Associations. Non-paying and/or fraudulent bidder names may be shared with other auction companies.
17. Buyer will be charged the full amount for items not picked up, and will forfeit their right and claim to the property. Unclaimed lots may incur up to a $25 removal fee based on the size of the items.
18. This is a public auction and not a retail setting. All sales are final. No returns or charge backs are accepted.
19. You are bidding on the described item, not the photo. Please let us know if you see an error in our listings. We strive to be as accurate as possible.
Preview is an “open house” to allow our customers to inspect the items before they bid or buy
Items are identified by the lot number affixed to the item.
Preview is highly recommended so you can make your own determination of quality, size, condition, weight, item location, and all the other variables that are difficult to convey in a photo.
All items must be removed during the schedule pickup time(s)
Any items not removed during the pickup times will become the property of the Auction Mill (unless other arrangements have been made)
Please bring plenty of help and proper equipment needed to remove your items. Auction staff is not available to assist with loading. Don’t bring a Pinto to take home a bedroom suite, please.
If you are unable to make the pickup time due to a flat tire, mean boss, traffic jam, car fire, sudden illness, deceased relative, or any other catastrophic event, please contact The Auction Mill at 402.885.4916 or 402.690.8666 or firstname.lastname@example.org We can make special arrangements for in most cases. Items MUST be paid in full to qualify for storage.
The Auction Mill
1528 N. Saddle Creek Rd
Omaha, NE 68104
Art is located at our warehouse and is displayed to be viewed from 9am to 4:30pm each weekday. Location: 1528 N. Saddle Creek Rd Omaha, NE 68104 next door to the Homy Inn or across from Sgt. Peffers.